Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just thinkin

Have I mentioned I LOVE the beach? Just making sure I made that clear. I love the sun too....but I've actually learned to use sunscreen despite my tanning addiction. I guess when you have kids, with all the priority changes you make....(and even if you don't have kids...or your's are grown and gone) being healthy ranks high up on that list....or at least it should. I've become increasingly interested in organic foods & beverages, foods/vitamins that fight or help prevent disease ie...green tea...etc....and also in safer baby products. As as side note......if you haven't read up on the SLS and formaldahyde in shampoos and body washes....even J&J...read up on it. Pretty interesting what you'll find.....and because of things I've read...I'm trying a new shampoo/body wash with Skylar....called California Baby.....so far so good!! It has no SLS and no formaldahyde or formaldahye relatives.....so it says.....But apparently Castile soap is the safest thing to use...Check out this site....Pretty neat site. Can search for "safe" products like baby shampoos / makeup etc...show's you the toxitity levels in products and what each is linked to. So you can find safer products to use http://cosmeticdatabase.com/index.php?key=28066833&message=Successfully+updated+Supporter+information
Anyhow...we all know the organic foods and the safer products seem to carry a higher price tag....and that bites.....but quite honestly....for the sake of my child and my family....I can find ways to save in other areas. Those of you that know me....know full well I'm no "Whole Foods" dedicated shopper....lol...but with all the "bad stuff" going around these days....increased need for stronger meds,....overuse of antibiotics etc....I sure am willing to try newer healthier foods/products to keep my kiddo and my family as healthy and as safe as possible. I mean why not?? But you do have to be careful and learn to read labels. I've definitely learned that. "Juice" isn't always "juice"....you get the picture. So I'm not stressin' over the topic or anything.....but if there's a healthier alternative to what we use today....why not give em' a try....I'm just thinkin...

No comments: