Friday, June 27, 2008

Just ramblin.....


It's amazing to me how fast kids learn....and how much smarter they are than we typically give them credit for. Example...the other night Skylar got out her flash cards....and typically does the 52...(or 152) card pick up game. Yeah that's always a treat. Anyhow, she started naming the pictures on the cards and THEN...she says, and Mommy, this is a house....that is letter 'H'....I'm quite sure the look on my face was quite puzzling for her. She continues, ..."mommy that's an x-ray, and so that is letter X"...."This is letter L" etc. You get the picture. I mean she's known her abc's for quite some time now, and even knows them when I do them in sign language, but she threw me off with the cards. She was rattling off letter by letter and the cards weren't in order either. Maybe that's a typical 2 year old skill?? I dunno,...but it sure caught me off guard. I mean I knew that she knew some letters when I'd point to them on her alphabet magnets....but she really knows her stuff. Reading by age 3?? ;-) We'll see!! Regardless, that little girl teaches her mommy and daddy knew stuff everyday. Never a dull moment in the Hodges house and I wouldn't have it any other way. Her latest craze is dancing and singing.....but you don't dare interrupt to sing or dance WITH her....it's her show and she sure lets you know that from the start. If she's heard a song more than once....she knows the words and will sing her little heart out.....how cute...even if she is tone deaf....lol...no really...it's the sweetest voice I've ever heard of course. So anyhow...the other night we kept "baby Lily"...my neighbors little one. Skylar was an excellent babysitter. While playing on the floor with Lily, Skylar decided it was time to exercise!! So she stands up and tells Lily...."Reach your arms waaayyy up to the sky...Now put your feet out like these and stttreeetcchh....this way....now this way.." I'd never seen her do this little routine so I was intrigued....Lily was too apparently...keep in mind Lily isn't even 4 months old yet....lol..but she was watching Skylar's every move! I think Skylar's highlight of the evening was feeding Lily her bottle....thankfully Lily was rather patient with Skylar as well.... ;-)
Well TGIF folks....I gotta run....literally...my treadmill is starring at me....yes it has eyes....now where'd i put that oxygen again??? ;-) happy weekend!

3 comments:

The Whites said...

Skylar taking care of baby Lilly sounds so cute! I think she wants a sibling :) I cannot wait to see Skylar and you all next weekend! Hope this weekend is wonderful for all of you! Hugs and kisses to Skylar :)

Anonymous said...

I think she wants a playmate from the whites ;)

The Whites said...

Ha, That would be fun - I would totally love it! Not sure who will be first, you or us :) for Skylars next playmate :)