Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Road....the sequel

Do you ever sit and wonder about the path your life has taken?
I sure do. And boy has it been a winding one.....full of hills and valleys...rain and sunshine....but as I sit here today, I am where am I am because of the road I chose and God's grace that got me here. And that truly has made all the difference. Ever hear
the song "God Bless The Broken Road".....take a listen :-)


God truly has blessed the road I've taken. I was raised in a loving family with both parents....(who are still married I should add)...seems to be a rare thing these days...and I have a younger brother, Will, (who is single and quite the catch for you single ladies out there)....Anyhow, I also grew up with a large extended family on both sides..mom's and dad's...and for those of you that don't know, I grew up in Henderson, NC. It's a smaller town lifestyle and lots of my friends chose to stay there and work and not go off to school after high school. I didn't. I chose to go to college after high school and I fell in love with Raleigh and the life I was making here. Henderson will always be home, because that is where my family is, and that is where I met those who've had the biggest influences in my life. It's where the church I was raised in is. Henderson is where I got married to the love of my life. And No...he's not from there. He's from Apex. Henderson is where I grew up in a beautiful home with the best backyard and deck that my Dad and my Papa built together. I think that deck was my favorite part of the house because it ment so much. When Randy and I bought our home, we both knew it MUST have a deck. And every house we buy will always have a deck. It's a place to hang out and grill out (thanks Daddy for teaching me the art of grilling!)and a place to take in the view of nature. It's a place to sit and enjoy one another. Have I mentioned how much I love a deck??? :-) But our house in Henderson, had one thing, that today, I get a chuckle everytime I think about it. We had 1 bathroom. Thank God we did have a bathroom, but 1 bathroom nevertheless. You can imagine the mornings and getting ready with one bathroom. Or when you really had to potty and someone was taking their own sweet reading time in there. Boy was that fun. I'm here today to tell you that this road I've taken in life, has now afforded me 3 toilets to potty in!! And my husband will tell you he laughs because it's so true, But I truly have told him over and over how thankful I am and I thank God for my 3 toilets. Ahhh...the simple things that make us happy...My hometown and those that I visit there will always hold a special place in my heart. But the road I chose, led me to where I am now. And I'm proud of where I am and I worked my butt off to get here. There were many that prayed for me and supported me along the way and to them I am forever grateful. And I can only hope that I can repay them with my love, my time, and by living a life they will be proud of. So to one and All I will say, I've never forgotten where I came from..... but I'm blessed to be where I am.

No comments: